Friday, April 22, 2011

Chocolate Bundt Cake

We were thinking about what to make the other day and figured nobody would want a chocolate bundt cake. Okay so that was more Eric being snarky and Charisse almost hit him over the head with a skillet for saying it, because we know if there's one thing just about everyone loves, its chocolate. Mmmm chocolate. Especially moist, succulent doughnut shaped chocolate that happens to be on our dining room table. Thats the best kind of chocolate. At the time Eric was too busy being unhappy with the Sharks (and you thought after last week you were safe from him sneaking in his NHL addiction around here) to let the smells from the kitchen get his appetite going. Yeah, Sharks didn't play well in game 2, Eric exhausted himself yelling at the TV, turning it off, turning it back on, yelling some more, etc. So it was no surprise to Charisse that he seemed completely unaware of the cake until he turned around and it was sitting there ready to be eaten. Now, Charisse tells Eric just about every game that the team can't actually hear him through the TV (its never stopped him from trying to help) but now Eric's not so sure, after scarfing 2 slices in full view of the post game show the Sharks finally started winning some games. Maybe they have Smell-O-Vision, or maybe its just that Chocolate really does fix everything.



Chocolate Bundt Cake
What you will need:

2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup coco powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk
1 cup brewed coffee
1/2 vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

3/4 cup milk chocolate
2 Tbs butter

Preheat oven to 350*

Butter and dust a bundt pan with a bit of coco powder and set aside.

Sift together all of the dry ingredients and set aside, In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, coffee, oil, eggs and vanilla. Once combined, whisk in the dry ingredients. Mix well. Bake for 40-45 minutes until set, let cool and invert onto cooling rack.

In a small sauce pot, melt the butter and add chocolate stirring until melted. Drizzle over cake and serve. 

adapted from www.food52.com



18 comments:

  1. Umm...I'm totally making this for Easter. I offered to make a dessert and originally was going to make a Pear Galette, but my dad LOVES chocolate. I wracking my brain about what I should make and if I should make 2 desserts, because I really didn't want to leave my dad without any chocolate. So yeah, thank you for helping make my decision a LOT easier! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely. I love bundt cakes - they are so pretty and don't take any extra effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious looking! I may have try this Sunday and marble in some white chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! Definitely cut me a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha that is too funny about Eric. My guy loves the Bruins and has been glued to the TV for the playoffs which are going on right now. I might as well be dating NESN right now haha.

    That SO looks great! I have always been a fan of bundt cakes! They are so pretty and always so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake looks rich, moist and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a huge weakness for bundt cake. HUGE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the color different between the cake and the drizzle. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love chocolate bundt cakes...yours looks wonderful! PS: I have a fun giveaway going on right now...stop by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with that picture of the bundt pan dusted with the cocoa powder! Beautiful. As much as this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, gosh, what a fabulous cake! That would be gone in seconds flat at my house...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never met a bundt cake I didn't like - lol! Looks wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm....chocolate...it's always a good time for chocolate cake. Lovely bundt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing cake!!! I love who chocolaty it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!

    Once I learn how to make cakes in high altitude, I'm definitely trying this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. my mouth got watery just looking at this cake!i am sooo making this today :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love bundt cakes, and this one looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete