Thursday, April 7, 2011

Grilled Corn Salad

So Eric's one task on Monday nights and Tuesdays around lunch time is creating and posting wonderful things for everyone to read, but this time around he was pretty much not really focused on much of anything. Instead he took off for Ohio for this last work related trip Wednesday morning after spending all of Monday and Tuesday distracted. We were both pretty much super distracted this week, on one hand because of Eric's trip, but on the other hand because we were expecting to hear back about a possible new job, which means he sat around the last few weeks saying "oh, I'm sure I didn't get it. Oh, I'm sure there'll be more interviewing to do for it. Oh it's just exploring my options, I'm not going to get all excited about something that probably won't happen". Of course Charisse managed to decode these messages and revealed the real message he was sending as: "OMG, IfIgetthisjobitwillbethebestjobeverI'msoexcitedIcan'tthinkorsitstilllongenoughtowriteablogpost". Needless to say, we were both very excited when Eric actually got the call on Tuesday morning, and the call was "you got the job!". Don't tell anyone, but Eric was caught dancing a little jig down the hallways of his office and Eric dancing does not happen that often (not without a long night out that leads up to the dancing part anyways). Anyways, our post about firing up the grill, grilling being Eric's "man thing" and how to make the best Martini in the world (at least one that would make James Bond proud) got a bit sidetracked. Instead we offer you a grilled corn salad which we hope will tide you over until next week and get you though all of Eric's corny jokes.



 Grilled Corn SaladWhat You Will Need
4 ears of corn
2 red bell peppers
2 zucchini's sliced in half lengthwise
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 jalapeno (seeded and diced)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup feta cheese
2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs lime juice
salt and pepper to taste


Grill the corn, bell pepper and zucchini and set aside to let cool.

Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, cumin and salt and pepper, set aside.

Cut the corn off the cob, dice the zucchini and peel the red pepper and remove seeds. Dice bell peppers, and combine all ingredients in a large bowl, toss in dressing and serve.

17 comments:

  1. Aww, Eric, congrats!!!!!

    *doing a happy dance for you!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds soooo delicious! I love grilled veggies, the addition of feta probably makes it perfect:-)
    Take care,
    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the feta is a lovely touch, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pictures are stunning, and the food looks beyond flavorful, yummm, thanks so much for sharing! =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the job! I can't wait for summer to get some really good fresh corn and to make this for my husband. He'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm, looks totally yummy! I love that feta is a part of the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing! I would gobble this up so fast, what a great thing to have during the summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This came at the perfect time! I've been looking for a good corn salad recipe... ok, not looking but hoping one would fall in my lap. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new job! I can't wait for summer and all the wonderful things to cook with fresh corn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new job! I hope it's all you dream it will be! The grilled salad looks and sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous corn salad. Going to have to fire up the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the job offer!!! And thanks for the fabulous salad idea...I could make this my breakfast, lunch and dinner...it sounds so wonderful~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, since I LOVE corn, and I LOVE grilled veggies, and I LOVE spices, then I know that I'd LOVE this corn salad. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This salad has a very "homelike" feeling. It looks comforting, and I would definitely prepare it for a week night :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Id be doing a happy dance all over this dish!! (ok, job offer trumps food - but this does look delish!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just made a version of this last week and my husband could not stop raving about it. I made is all raw and modified the dressing a bit but the flavors just all work so well together. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete